Enter our Spook-tacular Competition!
Recreate your favourite Halloween Film Scenes or Characters With Toys in the Leading Role
1st Place) Ethan & Megan Fish
Child's name: Ethan Fish & Megan Fish
Age: 8 & 4 years old
This was made by my son Ethan Fish (age 8 and my daughter Megan Fish (age 4) from Pontypridd. They wanted to do it between them I hope that’s ok! It’s the scene from Goosebumps haunted Halloween when all of R.L Stine’s creations are set free from the book by slappy the ventriloquist dummy. They both love Goosebumps, as do I! They made the scene using various Lego character sets that they took apart and rebuilt to make the spooky characters and they printed and made the volcano background. They also made the purple slime using a slime kit and then they set up the scene between them.
Comment from Parent:
Wow that is amazing thank you so much!!! They are so thrilled they have just spent the last 10 minutes phoning all our family to tell them and haven’t stopped smiling! Our plans for Halloween are to decorate the house, play lots of Halloween games and then snuggle up in the dark and watch their favourite spooky film goosebumps with some Halloween treats
2nd Place) Abrey
Child's Name: Abrey
Entry submitted on behalf of my ( just turned) eight year old son Abrey. We live in Gloucester, UK. He created the scene from his favourite 'Scooby-Doo Return To Zombie Island' movie using his aquatic animals, wildlife set, play doh, Scooby Doo characters and items from the dressing up box. I helped him write the sign and he went over it in marker pen. He used my red nail varnish to add blood to his zombie toys too for extra scare appeal! He is dressing up as a zombie this year so this activity was a lovely opportunity to get creative and excited for Halloween even though the celebrations will be very different with the situation the world is in. Thank you! Here he is in last years fancy dress..
Comment from Parent:
Oh my word! How absolutely thrilled we are! He is currently jumping up and down as I have just told him the spook-tacular news! Thank you so, so very much. This has made our day and week, month! We are just about to start going through the garage to sort our Halloween decorations. I've promised that we are going to begin decorating the outside of our house this afternoon as we are mad for the celebrations even though they will be a little different this year! Thank you again. You really are so very generous and our prize is very much appreciated. Thank you, thank you, thank you! xxx
3rd Place) Nahia Aston
Child's name: Nahia Aston
Age: 7 years old
Location: St Neots, Cambridgeshire
My daughter re-created the famous scene from ET using her own toys, she absolutely loves the movie
Comment from Parent:
We are delighted by the news! My daughter is planning to buy some Lego friends with her voucher! We are planning to do a Halloween sweet hunt in the garden as we won’t trick or treating due to Covid, thanks!
We have launched a Halloween themed competition across the UK for kids, and we want parents to help children use toys around the house to recreate your kids favourite Halloween characters or film scenes. So why not enter and lift your spirits but remember to creep it real!
Toys should feature in your competition entry but you can use other materials to bring your vision to life. For example, you could transform a barbie into a witch from Hocus Pocus by creating an outfit for her to wear. Or, use slime to create your favourite Ghostbusters character!
Your kids can draw inspiration from Halooween films such as: Goosebumps, Hotel Transylvania, Hocus Pocus, Nightmare before Christmas, Casper, Adams Family, E.T, Corps Bridge, Haunted Mansion, Edward ScissorHands, Scooby Doo etc...
There are some amazing prizes up for grabs, with the 1st place creation winning a Bargain Max £100.00 gift voucher, perfect in the run up to Christmas! 2nd place runners up creation will win a £50.00 Bargain Max voucher, whilst 3rd place runners up will win one toy of choice (up to value of £25) that is in stock and currently listed on the Bargain Max website.
The competition is open to entries from children aged 0-16 who are based in the UK, but a parent or guardian aged 18+ must submit a photo of the entry using their own personal social media profile via Facebook only.
The competition is open for 2 weeks from Monday October 5th (8:55 AM), closing midnight Sunday 18th October (23:59 PM), giving all competition entrants time to produce and submit their Halloween creations. People can enter via Facebook only.
So what spooky scene or character will you create and how can you enter?
- 'Follow' the Bargain Max Facebook page and “like” the COMPETITION TIME post.
- Parents/guardians must the upload a photo of their kids original Halloween creation to the comments section of the post using their own personal profile, using #BargainMaxHalloween alongside a description of what the creation is.
10 shortlisted entrants will be selected and Bargain Max will be in touch directly for your details such as original image and your child's first name / location you live in. Final winners will be contacted via Facebook message also.
- Entrants to the Promotion are bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion is open to children aged 0-16 based in the UK. Children must have the permission of their parent or guardian (to be aged 18 and over) and this adult should submit the entry using their own personal social media profile. The competition excludes employees of the Promoter and anyone professionally connected to the competition.
- Timings: The competition is open for 2 weeks from Monday October 5th (8:55 AM), closing midnight Sunday 18th October (23:59 PM) The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition end date or withdraw the Promotion at any time.
- How to enter: To enter, you must have access to the internet and;
- Upload a photo of your child’s homemade Halloween creation to the post found on the Bargain Max Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BargainMax.co.uk/), tagging the hashtag #BargainMaxHalloween and commenting a brief description behind the Halloween character or film scene recreation.
- All Entrants should also ‘like’ the Bargain Max Facebook Page
- Entries must not feature offensive image content/comments, and content which infringes third party copyright or anyone who is submitting under age 18/without parental permission will be disqualified and their entry removed. All entered creations must be original.
iii. By entering you accept that other entrants may submit concepts that are similar to your photo entry, and you will not be entitled to compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter should this arise.
- Shortlisting/Prizes: There will be one competition winner, with two runners up selected by Bargain Max.
- 1st place creation will win a £100 Bargain Max voucher
- 2nd place runners up creation will win a £50.00 Bargain Max voucher.
- 3rd place runners up will win one toy of choice (up to value of £25) that is in stock and currently listed on the Bargain Max website.
- The prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable, and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value.
- Selecting the winner & delivery: Entries will be shortlisted by the promoter and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed artists will be selected by the Bargain Max team.
- By entering the competition, entrants give their consent to the Promoter publishing images of shortlisting AND winning Halloween creations on the Bargain Max website. Entrants must give their consent that this competition could receive regional press coverage, therefore details of shortlisted creations could be shared in the local news. Winners will be contacted by direct Facebook message shortly after the competition closes. Winners must then provide the requested contact details within 5 working days and the prize will be sent within 10 working days of receipt. Proof of ID may be required.
- The Promoter’s decisions regarding all Promotion matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive or to contravene the spirit of the Competition.
- By entering this promotion you hereby assign to the Promoter, and waive your moral rights in, the complete copyright and all other intellectual property rights whatsoever in your entry and in any promotional and advertising material and similar which arises out of or is in connection with this promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused in the making of your homemade item, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the prize draw or from any prize.
- The Promoter is Bargain Max, BargainMax Ltd BargainMax Ltd, Pilkington's Tile Site, 346 Rake Lane, Swinton, M27 8lj, United Kingdom. Any correspondence regarding this Competition should be forwarded in writing to ‘Social Media Team’ at the above address.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants agree that Facebook shall have no liability in respect of this draw.
- Any personal data related to participants will be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018.